Association des Clubs Professionnels de Volleyball
Information collection and use
ACPV does not collect personal identifying information when you access the Website homepage and browse the Website without disclosing your personal data (except cookies; see below under “cookies”).
ACPV collects personal identifying information when you register on the Website, when you use certain products or services on the Website and when you enter promotions, sweepstakes or similar services sponsored by ACPV or its business partners. ACPV may also receive personal identifying information from its business partners.
When you register ACPV asks for your name, e-mail address, and some other personal information. Once you register with ACPV and/or sign in to our products or services, you are not anonymous to ACPV.
ACPV also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your Internet Protocol address (IP address), which identifies your computer, ACPV’s cookies information and the page you requested.
ACPV uses information collected for three general purposes: for technical administration of the Website, for research and development to achieve and maintain a high service level and for customer information (to customise the content you see, to fulfil your request for certain products and services and to contact you about specials and new products and services).
Information sharing and disclosure
ACPV will not sell or rent your personal identifying information without your consent. ACPV may send personal identifying information about you to third parties when:
- ACPV has your consent to share the information;
- ACPV needs to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- ACPV needs to send the information to third parties who work on behalf of ACPV to provide a product or service to you (unless otherwise stated so, these third parties do not have any rights to use the personal identifying information ACPV provides to them beyond what is necessary to provide a product or service to you);
- ACPV responds to courts or authorities; or
- ACPV finds that your actions on the Website violate ACPV Website Terms and Conditions of Use or any other
- ACPV guidelines or rules applicable for specific services.
- ACPV may set and access ACPV’s cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- ACPV uses its own cookies for number of purposes, mainly to:
access your information when you “sign in”, so that we can provide you with customized content;
keep track of preferences you specify while you are using ACPV services.
estimate and report our total audience size and traffic;
conduct research and development to improve the Website contents and services and achieve and maintain a high service level.
- ACPV may allows third parties that are presenting promotions or researching users response to advertisement on some of our pages to set and access their own cookies on your computer. Third parties’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not this one.
Access to your personal identifying information
ACPV gives you the ability to access your personal identifying information by sending us an e-mail including in the title of the e-mail the reference to personal identifying information at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you communicate with ACPV by e-mail, you should note that the secrecy of Internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages or information which are not encrypted you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.
In certain areas, ACPV uses industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
ACPV is subject to Swiss data protection laws when collecting and processing personal identifying information.
Questions or suggestions